Tuesday, October 22, 2013

fire it up

Last summer, one of the work projects my kids worked on was digging a fire pit in our back yard.  It's in the back north east corner of the yard under two massive evergreen trees.  It's like a little woodsy nook in our yard, it even smells woodsy!

The fire pit isn't actually finished, but we decided to use it anyway last night just for fun.  The weather has been so gorgeous, and it was a cool night but not freezing.

I don't really know why I like the fire pit. I totally hate smelling like smoke and I made everyone take a shower when they came in. But there is something fun about it. My absolute favorite fire pit ever, is found at the beach house we vacation at once a year.  The warmth of the fire combined with the salty air and the waves crashing in the background is heaven, as far as I'm concerned.


The kids love it too. 

One thing I've learned about boys over the years is that they're all pyromaniacs.


No comments:

Post a Comment