Friday, May 4, 2012

if I only had a brain


Yesterday I bought a weekly pill organizer.  Yes, just another hit on my pride. I previously thought pill boxes were for really old demented people or really sick people. I am only sort of old. And I like to pretend that I'm not sick.

Yet, I came to the conclusion that I need a pill box.  I take Gabapentin in the morning and at night. Several times this week at around 11am the strange thought came to my mind, "Did I take my pills or not this morning?"  I didn't know the answer. 

It seems that when you are in a routine of taking pills every single day, eventually those days begin to run together in your mind and all of a sudden you can't remember today's events from yesterdays.  It's annoying and embarrassing and a little funny all at the same time.  Seriously, by 11am I can't remember what I did at breakfast time?

So enter the fabulous pill box.  It's actually going to be pretty handy.  Today at 11am I realized I had not taken my pills (again! Hello?!) and the pill box confirmed this.  Maybe I should re-think those thoughts about "really old demented people" because that makes 4 days out of 5 this week that I have taken my medicine late.....

So how about you?  Do you use a handy pill box or do you still have a brain?

3 comments:

  1. I have a pill organizer, but it isn't for me. My husband likes to have my coffee ready in the morning, and he sets out my pills (really only vitamins, an allergy pill, and a baby aspirin) with a little glass of juice. He kept forgetting, and I struggled with the bottle tops, so I bought an organizer, and now he remembers!
    Peace,
    Muff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using a "Morning/Afternoon/Night" pill box since D/X. If I didn't have one, i'd probably stop taking my supplements altogether because I was constantly forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

    ReplyDelete