Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ann Romney

I don't want to talk about politics, but I do want to talk about Ann Romney. I don't want to talk about Mitt, their money or whether she "works" or not.

I do want to talk about the fact that she has MS.  Just like me. 

You see MS doesn't discriminate. According to the National MS society website,  In the United States today, there are approximately 400,000 people with multiple sclerosis (MS)—with 200 more people diagnosed every week. 

There are a whole lot of us. One big happy (?) party.

Ann isn't alone in her celebrity MS status, Alan Osmond and his son David, Annette Funicello, Prichard Pryor and Montel Williams all have MS.

I don't really know if Ann will change her residency to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest Washington, DC next January.  I hope though, that the current shine of the media spotlight on her life and naturally her MS, will be for the good. 

My hope is that, a possibly really, really famous person struggling with MS will help shine the media spotlight on the rest of us.

The rest of the big happy (?) party.




No comments:

Post a Comment