Thursday, March 15, 2012

happiness

I feel like I have so much to be happy about.

I have a wonderful, supportive husband, 6 (yes, SIX!) amazing and funny kids, a home and good friends.  There are tulips peaking out of the dirt in my yard, my three year old has adorably curly hair, I can eat chocolate whenever I want, I wore my blue converse today, I spent a great evening with awesome friends last night, my favorite jeans don't have a hole in them yet.  You get the idea.

Yet, sometimes, lately.....

I struggle.

MS can do that to you, I know.

Today I decided to start a gratitude journal.
Writing things down is therapeutic for me.
 I enjoy the process of putting my scattered thoughts
 into coherent (or sometimes not) sentences.

I think it will help me each day to remember my blessings.
And on days I am struggling, I will look back at what I've written and remember.

We all need to remember and recognize the good things in our lives.

For today:
I am thankful for beautiful blue skies and the warm sun.

What are you thankful for?



No comments:

Post a Comment